TEMPURA FRIED CHICKEN
Tempura Fried Chicken with a sweet chilli dipping sauce
Mix 250g of tempura batter mix with 500ml cold water and allow to stand for at least one hour before use.
1, Cut the raw chicken into even size strips, dry with kitchen paper
2, Tumble the raw chicken strips in seasoned flour, shake any excess flour from the chicken
3, Dip each chicken strip into the batter & then place directly into the fryer one by one
4, Deep fry for 5 minutes at 176 c / 350 F – check that the chicken is fully cooked before serving
5, lightly sprinkle with sea salt before serving
Serve with a sweet chilli dipping sauce and ENJOY!
- Tempura king prawns, Vegetables and for a special treat try courgette flowers or Scallops
- Japanese dipping sauce: mix 50ml light soy sauce, 50ml mirin, 50ml rice wine vinegar, perfect for dipping tempura
- Tangy lime mayo dip: add the juice & grated zest of one lime to 200g of mayonnaise
- For a lighter batter use ice cold water
- Try not to over mix the batter
- Do not cook too many chicken strips at one time
- Serve with fresh coriander