Sleaford Quality Foods are proud to announce that our parent company’s (Jain Farm Fresh Foods) spice processing plant is now certified to produce organic spices, garlic and onion. The news means that Sleaford Quality Foods can now offer organic certified spices to the market in addition to our standard spice lines.
JFFF’s spice processing plant in Jalgaon has been accredited by NOP (National Organic Program, USA) and NPOP (National Programme for Organic Production, India) for organic processing.
Our state of the art facility:
- Is the largest spice processing facility in India with a capacity of 25,000 tonnes per annum.
- We are the only integrated spice facility in the world from drying to milling.
- Sources spices through our own JAIN GAP farming scheme which numbers over 5,000 farmers.
- We process 100% pure spices in dry and wet form.
- Has the capability to produce 100% steam sterilised products.
- The spice facility is also completely allergen free.
The organic market in the UK shows no sign of slowing down, with consumers’ awareness of sustainable food chains changing their spending habits. The Soil Association has announced that the UK organic market is continuing to grow, with sales in the past year increasing by 5.3% – which means that £45 million are spent every week on organic produce in the UK; and that by 2020, the UK organic market is predicted to be worth £2.5 billion. The Association went on to report that sales of organic into foodservice have risen by almost 8%, with an increased demand from high street restaurants in response to diners looking for sustainable options. Packaging and wider environmental issues are also still influencing shopper choices and driving the organic market further.
Give us a call to discuss you organic spice requirements today on 01529 305000; email us at email@example.com; or talk to us on our Live Chat function at sleafordqf.com!